Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shouldn't there be a special prosecutor in the IRS case?

Obama rejected the idea at his news conference today, saying "Between those investigations [by Congress and the Justice Department] I think we’re going to be able to figure out exactly what happened, who was involved, what went wrong, and we’re going to be able to implement steps to fix it."

He also said: "I promise you this, that the minute I found out about it, then my main focus was making sure that we get the thing fixed... I'm outraged by this in part because look, I'm a public figure, if a future administration is starting to use the tax laws to favor one party over another or one political view over another, obviously, we’re all vulnerable."

I still want a special prosecutor because I just don't trust them not to cover up. The minute I found out about it, then my main focus was making sure that we get the thing fixed. I don't think people believe that. I don't believe it. And when was "the minute [he] found out about it"? He keeps making statements about finding out things around about whenever we do... which is absurdly self-serving, as if the only problems are public relations problems. Apparently, nothing exists for him until we learn about it!

The absurdity is hilariously depicted in this "Daily Show" clip:

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Me Talk Reluctantly One Day
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesIndecision Political HumorThe Daily Show on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment